FEF CANADA Scholarships for 2021
Due to the Covid Pandemic the 2021 awards night has been cancelled again this year but they will be awarded in a virtual broadcast March 25th.
More detail to follow shortly
FEF Canada is proud to present 5 awards this year:
- The Modern Foundry Technology Institute (MFTI) Scholarship is supported from funds donated upon the closure of the MFTI at Mohawk College.
- The Canadian Foundry Association (CFA) Past President’s Award is supported by funds transferred from the CFA Canada’s Education fund, and,
- The Ontario Chapter of the Non-Ferrous Foundry Society has supported their award as a partner with FEF Canada since 2006 and are presenting 2 awards
Students need only make one application to apply for any or all of the scholarships. Although each has their own specifications there are a number requirements common to all:
- Preference will be given to programs with foundry specific course content.
- Preference will be given to students that demonstrate a clear desire to pursue a career in the Canadian Metal Casting industry.
- Applicant must be able to work in Canada.
The MFTI Scholarship is awarded annually to a student studying in an undergraduate program at a FEF Canada sponsored school.
The Canadian Foundry Association (CFA) Past President’s Award is presented to a Canadian student in full time studies at an under graduate or post graduate level at a Canadian College or University.
The Ontario Chapter of the Non-Ferrous Foundry Society Awards are presented to an undergraduate student at a Canadian College or University with demonstrated interest and/or experience in non-ferrous metals.
Students interested in being considered for FEF Canada Scholarships must register with FEF Canada and submit their application to FEF Canada following the Scholarships Guidelines on this site.
APPLICATIONS for FEF CANADA Scholarships are open now and
Close at midnight Thursday March 9, 2021 .